Small Groups are where people get together to make new friends, share a passion, or to ‘explore faith together.’
Take a look at this term’s Small Groups below. If you are interested in joining any of them, please sign up for the groups by…
• using the online form for each small group on this website
• send an email to the church office at email@example.com
• phone the church office 01767 312667 leaving your contact details on the answer machine
Our Small Group Term officially begins the week beginning 4th October, but some groups may start before then. When you sign up for a group, your name will be passed on to the group leaders who will be in contact with you about specific start dates. Many groups are beginning to meet in person again this term. Some are continuing on Zoom. For details about our Youth groups, please see the website.
Hosted by Yvonne
We are a group of ladies who enjoy fellowship, prayer, support of one another and bible study.
Hosted by Ellen + Esther
A group for Parents And Little-oneS (pre-school children); a Bible study group to share faith and support each other.
Hosted by Yvonne
We are a group of ladies that enjoy fellowship, prayer, support of one another, and studying the bible together.
Hosted by Gareth + Helen
Based on the book ‘God is Stranger’, by Krish Kandiah, we will be working through 12 different biblical encounters where people met with God. In the process they found out that God was not who they thought He was.
Hosted by Alison + Peter, Gareth and Yvonne
Wednesday Evenings (3 sessions)
The CAP Money Course is a free course that will teach you budgeting skills and a simple, cash-based system that works.
In just a few weeks, you will get to grips with your finances so you can budget, save and prevent/tackle your debt.
Starts January 2022
The Alpha course is a course which seeks to introduce the basics of the Christian faith through a series of talks and discussions. It is described by its organisers as “an opportunity to explore the meaning of life”.
If you are interested or know someone who may be interested, please speak to Steve Down.
Hosted by Katherine + Linda
A space to gather with friends to craft. Bring your knitting, sewing, calligraphy or paper crafting, whatever you are making.
It will be a relaxed, childfree space to work on your own project whilst chatting and getting to know others.
Hosted by Esther + Simon
Suitable for both beginners and more experienced ukulele players. A mix of songs and styles of music. Bring your own ukulele if you have one, but spares are available if you don’t. A very relaxed and fun time to get to know each other. Refreshments available.
Hosted by Hannah, Emily + Ellen
We will look at a Bible passage and Bible journaling/ illustration/ doodling ideas and then spending time creating something combining these.
For anyone 13+ Participants need to provide their own paper, pens, pencils etc
Hosted by Heather + Veneice
Good books, good conversation, good food. Christian reading group meeting fortnightly to R.E.A.D. (read, eat, argue, discuss) from a contemporary Christian perspective, a selected instalment of a book, whilst relaxing over a one pot supper.
Hosted by Paul + Michelle
Tuesday Evenings + Weekend
Our group is a place for families with young children to support and build relationships with others at a similar stage in life.
Hosted by Bob
Gentlemen’s Circuit Training…
- Subliminal exercise!
- If you enjoy a bit of banter with the boys while you exercise, this could be for you.
- No subject off limits, including Church
- Focus on fun and not too serious exercise
- Guaranteed weight loss if combined with dietary control!
- All ages welcome
“You get out of it what you put into it!”
Hosted by Bill
The focus is for men who want to spend time learning how to use tools and to make items from wood. Opportunities for guys to share life’s experiences & challenges in a Christian setting. Ideal for single guys who have never worked with wood.
Hosted by John
The group’s aim is to enable newer folk to BBC to have the opportunity to meet and get to know one another and at the same time learn a little more about the interesting bits of Biggleswade whilst engaging in a healthy after lunch informal stroll. A group for all the family
Hosted by Steve
A group of caring individuals who share a passion for golf (with a wide range of mixed abilities) and use the opportunity to have fellowship and share our faith and friendship with guests, neighbours and members of other church families.
Why join a Small Group?
We think Small Groups are a really great way of connecting with lots of different people in both our church and local community. By being part of a small group you can:
- Meet new people
- Feel part of a great community
- Learn from the Bible
- Develop a deeper knowledge of God’s love for you
- Enjoy a range of groups, including interest groups
- What if I don’t know what group to join? Feel free to chat to leaders to find out more about them and their small group. Alternatively, speak to either Mike Sladen or Jo Sharman, our Small Group Overseers, or one of the Small Group Development Team (Bob Furnell, Chris Furnell or Yvonne Tobin), who’d be really pleased to help you.
- Will I get my choice? We will make every effort to accommodate everyone. We’ll let you know if your choice of group(s) is full and help place you elsewhere.
- How long have I got to book? Groups begin the week beginning the 4th October 2021. We encourage you to book early, as some groups may be popular and we don’t want you to miss out, and to give leaders time to confirm details such as venue, start date and time.