Take a look below at the Small Groups for April. If you are interested in joining any of them, please sign up for the groups from Sunday 10th April 2022 by…
• using the online form for each small group on this website
• sending an email to the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org
• phoning the church office 01767 312667 leaving your contact details on the answer machine
Our Small Group Term officially begins the week beginning 25th April 2022 although some groups may start before that. When you sign up for a group, your name will be passed on to the group leaders who will be in contact with you about specific start dates. Many groups are planning to meet in person again this term but, depending on the Covid-19 situation, this may need to change to online Zoom meetings for some. Group leaders will keep you informed. For details about our Youth groups, please see the website.
Hosted by Ellen + Esther
A group for Parents And Little-oneS (pre-school children); a Bible study group to share faith and support each other.
DG111: Furnell Group
Hosted by Chris + Bob
Come and join us for a time of Bible study, worship and prayer. We will look at a variety of Bible passages throughout the term, helping us to learn more of God’s plan for our lives and how to show more of Jesus’ love to others.
DG112:The Afternoon Fellowship
Hosted by Bill
The Monthly meeting will take the form of scripture readings, poems, craft activities etc followed by tea/coffee and cakes.
DG113: Worshipping Together
Hosted by Steve, Helen, Simon + Martin
This group is intended for members of the worship group and others who have a passion to worship together, growing closer to God and each other.
DG114: Persecuted Church
Hosted by Mike
Wednesday or Thursday Evenings
Learn about and pray for countries/churches undergoing persecution. Video and web based info. Including praying for war torn places with ongoing support for Ukraine.
DG115: Ladies’ Group
Hosted by Yvonne
We are a group of ladies that enjoy fellowship, prayer, support of one another, and studying the bible together.
DG116: Social Justice Group
Hosted by Hannah + Emily
A group to learn about and discuss the injustices people face around the world. Each session would look at what the Bible says about these injustices, discuss ways we can inform and educate others, and help those facing these challenges as individuals and as a church.
DG117: Encounters with God
Hosted by Gareth + Helen
A group discussing how the bible applies to our lives and to support each other both practically and in prayer.
DG118: Why + How Should I Pray?
Hosted by Bill + Carol
Discussions will be based on prayers in the Bible… to see the power of prayer and how we can be encouraged in prayer.
DG119: Men’s Bible Reading Group
Hosted by Steve
We are a small group of men that want to make time each day to focus on the Lord’s word together and learn more about him.
DG120: The Andrews’ Group
Hosted by Cliff + Esther
Bible study based on Sunday sermons, plus prayer and fellowship.
Come and join us to discuss the meaning of each week’s sermon and find out how it can be applied to our everyday lives.
IG110: Ladies’ Craft Group
Hosted by Katherine + Linda
A space to gather with friends to craft. Bring your knitting, sewing, calligraphy or paper crafting, whatever you are making.
It will be a relaxed, childfree space to work on your own project whilst chatting and getting to know others.
IG111: Ukulele Group
Hosted by Esther + Simon
Suitable for both beginners and more experienced ukulele players. A mix of songs and styles of music. Bring your own ukulele if you have one, but spares are available if you don’t. A very relaxed and fun time to get to know each other.
Hosted by Bob
Gentlemen’s Circuit Training…
- Subliminal exercise!
- If you enjoy a bit of banter with the boys while you exercise, this could be for you.
- No subject off limits, including Church
- Focus on fun and not too serious exercise
- Guaranteed weight loss if combined with dietary control!
- All ages welcome
“You get out of it what you put into it!”
IG113: Men’s Shed
Hosted by Bill and Pete
An opportunity for guys to chat and share concerns. Discover that you have skills and can make wooden items just like Jesus did.
Learn wood turning, joint cutting, toy making etc. Come and have a go.
IG114: Board Games Group
Hosted by Gareth
Come and bring your board games and challenge others to beat you. For all ages and abilities, this is a great time to try out new and exciting games, while getting to know people in a friendly relaxed setting.
IG115: Golf Society
Hosted by Steve
A group of caring individuals who share a passion for golf (with a wide range of mixed abilities) and use the opportunity to have fellowship and share our faith and friendship with guests, neighbours and members of other church families.
IG116: Families’ Group
Hosted by Paul + Michelle
A place for families with young children to build relationships with others at a similar stage in life, and journey together through the ups and downs of family life. We meet up once a month. There is often lots of food and lots of noise; we embrace the chaos!
IG117: Sunday Strollers
Hosted by John
An opportunity for the whole family to find out more about our Town, and to get to know others in our fellowship in an informal setting.
There are no new courses starting during this term – please check again next term.
Why join a Small Group?
We think Small Groups are a really great way of connecting with lots of different people in both our church and local community. By being part of a small group you can:
- Meet new people
- Feel part of a great community
- Learn from the Bible
- Develop a deeper knowledge of God’s love for you
- Enjoy a range of groups, including interest groups
- What if I don’t know what group to join? Feel free to chat to leaders to find out more about them and their small group. Alternatively, speak to either Mike Sladen or one of the Small Group Development Team (Bob Furnell, Chris Furnell, Gareth Godfrey or Yvonne Tobin), who’d be really pleased to help you.
- Will I get my choice? We will make every effort to accommodate everyone. We’ll let you know if your choice of group(s) is full and help place you elsewhere.
- How long have I got to book? Groups begin the week beginning the 25th April 2022. We encourage you to book early, as some groups may be popular and we don’t want you to miss out, and to give leaders time to confirm details such as venue, start date and time.